How We Farm
We are committed to farming ecologically and sustainably, that’s why we are certified organic by Pro-Cert Canada. Here are some of the principles we farm by:
- Healthy, tasty, nutrient-dense food for our family and yours
- Build and support soil health, fertility and organic matter
- Fight climate change with carbon sequestering agricultural practices
- Reduce dependency of fossil fuels
- Absolutely no chemical fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or fungicides
We take organic farming very seriously. To us, organic farming isn’t about what we don’t do, it’s about creating and maintaining a healthy, thriving ecosystem to begin with. It’s just like us, really. Is health about what drugs or medicine we use to treat a problem? Or does health start with what we eat and how we live? Organic farming shouldn’t just be about forgoing the medicine, it’s about being strong and healthy. For farming, that means great tasting, resilient food starts with healthy soil.
We grow our vegetables, herbs and flowers using intensive market gardening techniques. That means we grow more food in less space. This lightens our carbon footprint and prevents erosion; reduces water, fuel, labour and money; sequesters carbon; and brings soil health much deeper into the ground. If you want to know more, we post a lot about the things we do on the farm on our instagram and facebook.