We are currently looking for folks to join our 2020 team. Ideal applicant understands and enjoys working outdoors under all weather conditions; is physically fit and able to perform tasks for long periods of time (including lifting heavy bins, repetitive tasks, standing and squatting, walking); learns quickly; follows directions; pays close attention to detail; enjoys working with others and by themselves; is curious with an interest in plant-based food production. This job would be ideal for, but not limited to, individuals who aspire to start their own small-scale market farm.
Physical intelligence, strong work ethic and a positive attitude trump prior farm experience.
Over the broad scope of the season, most of the work is harvesting. Other tasks will include plant propagation, greenhouse management, bed prep, soil amending and improvement, seeding, transplanting, pruning, weed mitigation, inventory and record keeping and going to market.
On-farm accommodation is available in our new tiny-house, converted school bus, or bring your own mobile accomodation for $100-$450/mo. Local folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Full-Season Farm Employee
April/May – November 2020
7-9hrs/day, 5 days/week.
Two positions available
Starting wage $15/hr.
Summer Farm Employee
June – August, 2020
One to two full/part time positions available.
Starting wage $14/hr.
- Your phone number and current address
- Are you between the ages of 18 and 30?
- Which position are you applying for?
- What is your availability in the time frame for the position you are applying for?
- Are you able to work weekends and do you have any prior commitments that would bar you from working any days during the season?
- Any farming or physical labour experience with references. Include their phone number or email, and dates you worked for them.
- Are you available to come to the farm for an interview?
- Do you have a current drivers licence (G2 or G)?
- Do you have access to a vehicle?
- Are you a “Canadian citizen”?
- Do you require on-farm accommodation
- Explanation of why you would be a great fit at Aldergrove Farm.
Eligible applicants will be asked to submit a reference letter from a former employer.
Thank you for considering the position and we look forward to hearing from you!
-Fraser and Glynis